How can an employment lawyer help and how does a business know when it needs an employment lawyer?
With employment law affecting all areas of a business from recruiting that first member of staff through to termination, the life cycle of an employee throws up many an issue. We can help you understand employment law and how to comply with it when making commercial decisions.
Whatever the size of your business, our clear and practical advice will help keep your workplace compliant and protect you from future claims. We’ll make sure your contracts and policies are fit for purpose and update them if necessary. If you don’t have the right documentation in place, we will implement this for you. If you have a query, we can support you through a particular issue on an ad hoc basis, or if you prefer, we can provide unlimited support for a fixed monthly fee*. In the unfortunate event you receive a claim against you, we will handle this for you and advise you of the options available.
On occasion, you may need someone to come into your business to conduct a disciplinary hearing or meet with an employee on long term sick leave. We work with a trusted network of HR professionals and can arrange for one of them to come and help you.
∗subject to a fair usage policy
We can help with:
- Drafting employment contracts and staff handbooks
- Guiding you through disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Managing employees who are sick or underperforming
- Drafting settlement agreements
- Advising on restrictive covenants and confidentiality obligations
- Advising on employment status: employee, worker or consultant?
- TUPE and whether it applies
- Redundancy consultations and reorganisations
- Defending you in an employment tribunal
Our pricing structure is flexible and designed to meet the needs of your business, whatever its size or turnover. We offer a fixed fee or capped fee wherever possible and a monthly retainer is a good way to manage costs and budget for those unexpected issues.
So in answer to the questions above, if you employ staff, we can help to keep your business compliant with employment law and reduce the risk of ending up in an employment, giving you peace of mind!